Heads Up Employment
About the Job:
The Heads Up Program is seeking summer-only faculty members to teach the following subject areas: mathematics, science, and/or humanities. Faculty are responsible for teaching four academic courses and writing student evaluations at the end of the summer. Faculty members also provide guidance and support for an assigned classroom intern. Teachers are challenged to deliver curriculum that is hands-on, relevant, and interesting to youth while building the skills necessary for success in middle and high school. This is a six-week teaching position. Teachers will also be required to attend an orientation dinner in May and evening planning meetings in early June.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in education or a subject area field, a teaching certificate or credential (may be no longer current) or equivalent experience teaching in a formal classroom setting.
- Demonstrated academic and multicultural competency in classroom pedagogy, including innovative teaching and recognition of and appropriate response to various learning profiles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience with the ability to communicate effectively, and respectfully with all constituents in a multicultural school environment, including faculty, staff, administration, and students.
- Candidates must be available for the entire six weeks and all of training.
- Candidate must complete CPR/First Aid training, provide proof of vaccine (+Booster) and complete all training requirements. We will offer a CPR/First Aid training course at Head-Royce closer to the program start and inform faculty of the opportunity.