Aquatics Staff Employment
Aquatics Summer Staff Employment
Swim Instructors & Lifeguards
Part-Time/Seasonal Position: Monday, June 17 - Friday, July 12. (We will be open on 4th of July.)
Mandatory Training: Friday, June 14, 10am-2pm
All swim lessons run Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1:10 p.m., with Free Swim in the late afternoon. As we are a camp, we have additional team member requirements such as training meetings and camp start-up responsibilities in support of the larger Summer Program here at Head-Royce.
We are looking for 18-22 members to join our team this summer:
15 Swim Instructors - 8:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
3-6 Lifeguards - 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and/or 1:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
ALL instructors must have one of the following certifications:
- Water Safety Instructor Certification (32 hr. Course)
- Basic Water Rescue Certification (4 hr. Course), can be taken at HRS
- Current Lifeguarding Certificate for guards
PAY SCALE :
- Certified Instructors are paid $17.50+/hr based on experience.
Special Note: Highly qualified instructors without a Water Safety Instructor Certification will be considered, but must be knowledgeable swimmers and great with kids. The certification requirement can be waive for 1 summer if you indeed cannot locate a course. Non-WSI instructors are paid $13-14/hr based on experience.
- Lifeguards must be certified and are paid $13-$15/hr based on experience.
Swim Instructor Position
All instructors must hold a current CPR/AED/First Aid and a Water Safety Instructor certification. Those who cannot locate a W.S.I. course prior to the start of the program must attend a Basic Water Safety training course. Head-Royce will offer this course prior to the start of the program or this course can be taken by another American Red Cross Authorized Provider.
- You are responsible for preparing all lessons for the two (2) three-week sessions following the ARC Learn-to- Swim curriculum according to the designated level requirements, and preparing a course evaluation for each student in the classes that you are assigned upon completion.
- Provide a safe, organized lesson, ensuring proper class management techniques are used.
- All lifeguards must hold a current CPR/AED/First Aid and Lifeguard certification.
- Communicate to the Supervisor any hazards or concerns with the facilities or equipment.
- Guards make regular rounds through the locker rooms, laundry room, on the pool deck, and passageways to and from the pool. Note any concerns. If you can address them easily, do so and if not please report immediately to the supervisor to ensure the issue is addressed promptly. water leaks bio-hazards (e.g., bodily fluids) environmental hazards (e.g., sharp edges, tripping hazards, faulty lighting, exposed electrical outlets, cords)
- Follow the assigned Guard Schedule
- Any issues with the schedule should be addressed with the Head Guard and the Supervisor.
- Assist students as needed preparing for swim lessons and uniting with the appropriate instructor.
- Collect instructor feedback during the three (3) day evaluation period at the beginning of session one and session two.
- In-Office Duties - data entry, manage phone calls, filing, program runner. Must be familiar with Google Docs and Google Sheets.