Drop Off & Pick Up
There is a limited amount of space in front of Head-Royce for pick-up and drop-off. Cars are not allowed to extend past the upper driveway during drop-off and pick-up times; detailed instructions, including diagrams, are included here to demon- strate where the queue is located and how to use the "staging area" during peak traffic times.
Morning Drop Off
- Do not allow any part of your car to protrude into traffic.
- Don't pull in until there is a full car length to do so. If there is insufficient room in the queue, you must go through the loop.
- Pull as far forward as possible. Once stopped, kids must immediately exit your vehicle. There is no need to get to the front of the queue.
- Children must exit on the sidewalk side, not the street.
- Keep backpacks, instruments, and other items where the kids can reach them inside the car.
- Do not retrieve backpacks from a trunk while in the queue.
- You may park legally and walk your camper to the school.
- You may not drop off a camper of any age anywhere below the main gate to campus.
- Yield by pulling over to the right for emergency vehicles.
Drop Off Loop when approaching from the East
Morning Drop-Off: Take a minute to watch this instructional video we've put together to help clearly explain and demonstrate how the morning drop-off process works.
Early A.M. Care: We offer free care for campers beginning at 7:30 a.m. We encourage families that are not utilizing the bus transportation to drop-off between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. to avoid back-ups in traffic on Lincoln Avenue. We ask that you enroll in this additional care during the registration process to assist in our staffing plans.
Do your best to arrive during the designated pickup times. Arriving early will just require additional wait time in the queue.
- 4:15 p.m. dismissal - The pick up process officially begins at 3:45pm and will run to 4:15pm. You may start heading to the carline pick up queue around 3:35-3:40pm.
- 6:00 p.m. dismissal - The pick up process officially begins at 5:40pm and will run to 6:00pm. You may start heading to the carline pick up queue around 5:30pm.
Below are some of the most important tips for successful navigation of our systems:
- Pay careful attention when registering to your pre-arranged pick-up of 4:15 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. These are NOT interchangeable. We ask that you stick very closely to these times and do not arrive early for a 6:00 p.m. pick up time. If you are registered until 6:00 p.m., your camper will NOT be in the pick-up area during the 4:15 p.m. pick-up process. If you are coming early to pick-up, you must park your car and walk to the gatehouse to collect your camper.
- The “Queue” extends from the traffic light in front of campus to the traffic light at our upper parking lot. If the queue is full, you will be asked to turn into our parking lot, complete a loop and be instructed to return to the queue by a staff member. At no time, can we have a line of cars waiting for pick-up above the light.
- NEVER double park or block traffic on Lincoln to await a spot in the queue.
- Please do NOT run over cones to position your car in a holding spot. The cones are there to protect the space outlined in our agreements with our neighborhood.
- Continue to pull forward at all times. We want to load campers into cars with the ideal spacing to assist as many families as possible simultaneously. You may have to pass your camper to proceed forward, we will get them to you - do not stop and quickly let them in.