Academic Advising & Scheduling
Academic Year 2019-2020
Welcome! Our primary goal in course selection is to find the very best academic and co-curricular path for each student. Above all, we hope to encourage a passion for learning — and we believe this is best accomplished through thoughtful and appropriate choices at each step along the way.
Need to ask a question or give more information about a complicated request?
Fill out the Scheduling Help Form if you have any questions or change requests.
Advising timeline (working document)
INFORMATION RE: HRS CURRICULUM
- Information sheet for English, History, and Science Senior electives 2018-2019 (will be updated when courses are set for 2019-2020)
- 2019-2020 Upper School Curriculum Summary
- Online Course Catalog
- Graduation Requirements
- Computer Science Overview
- PE Options grades 10-12
- GOA offerings 2019-2020
- US Rotating Block Schedule
- Time Management Form
- Rising 9th grade-specific forms: Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 9
- Rising 10th grade-specific forms: Generalized Course Planning Sheet Rising 10, Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 10
- Rising 11th grade-specific forms: Generalized Course Planning Sheet Rising 11, Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 11
- Rising 12th grade-specific forms: Generalized Course Planning Sheet Rising 12
- Online Course Request Process & Screenshots
- Prezi Scheduling Overview
Students must take:
- At least five core courses each year
- One advanced fine arts course before you graduate
- One fine arts course in your first two years
- All freshman should take two beginning electives or at least one advanced elective
AP course rule of thumb: Take two to three AP courses, and no more than two in 11th grade and no more than three in 12th grade.