Graduation and Promotions
Congratulations to the Classes of 2024, 2028, and 2031! Please read below for information on this year's commencement and promotion celebrations.
All Ceremonies Will:
- Take place on the Upper School Athletic Field
- Begin at 10:00 am (all ceremonies last approximately 1.5 to 1.75 hours)
- Open parking lots at 8:00 am (see below for more information)
- Be open for guest seating at 9:00 am
- Include six field seats per family for 8th and 12th grade ceremonies (There is no limit for the 5th grade promotion). Overflow seating is available on the bleachers at the back of the audience area. Please note: tickets in any form are NOT required for admission
- Be followed by a refreshment reception on the Upper School (US) patio
Photos and Livestreaming:
- Photos of students on stage as they receive their certificate or diploma will be taken by Roots & Shoots.
- Instructions on how to order prints will be shared with families in late June.
- Roots & Shoots will also offer family photo opportunities after the respective ceremonies for Lower School and Upper School. Look for an email from the LS and US divisions in May with instructions on how to reserve a slot.
- The link for the livestream of the 12th grade commencement ceremony can be found here closer to the event date.
- Self-parking will be available in Head-Royce Lot F, the Greek Orthodox Church parking structure, and the Mormon Temple's Head-Royce pick-up overflow lot on a first come first serve basis. Parking lots will open at 8:00 am.
- Valet parking will also be offered at Middle and Upper School ceremonies starting at 8:30 am. There is no valet for the 5th grade ceremony.
- Those needing extra assistance to get to the ceremony location on the field are advised to park in Lot F. A golf cart will be available to take those who are unable to walk the distance from Lot F to the athletic field on their own (approximately 100 yds with a slight slope); advanced reservations are required. Please complete this form to request an accessible parking space and pass. Passes will be emailed 48 hours before the respective ceremony.
Guidelines for Events on the Athletic Field:
- No food or beverages are allowed on the turf besides water in a non-glass container.
- Shoes with "pointy" heels that can sink into the turf are highly discouraged.
- The turf surface can heat up on sunny days so please prepare accordingly. Consider bringing: water (in a non-glass container), sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, etc.
- ADA-accessible portable restrooms will be located at field level. Additional restrooms are located in the gym and adjacent to the amphitheater—access to these restrooms requires walking on stairs or an inclined path.
This web page will continue to be updated as new information is added (last updated 1/31/24).
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org