The mission of the Head Royce School Alumni Council is to encourage and foster active, life-long engagement amongst alumni in the Head-Royce School community. The council serves the school and alumni in advancing the Head-Royce School mission of continued learning, diversity and citizenship.
The Council is currently comprised of 14 Alumni members:
Jonathan Barnes '99
Harris Brody '98, President & Trustee*
Ariane Chee '08
Justin Chen '06
Ryan Diew '13
Heather Erickson ‘95, Class Agent & Development Committee Chair*
Katrina Harrar '07
Sarah Herringer '04
Camden Louie ‘08, Vice President
Carolyn McNiven '82
Travis Pillon '13, Young Alumni Committee Chair*
Michelle Tajirian Shoffner '96
Danny Stein '04, Mentoring Committee Chair*
Laura Terry-Green '06
- Julie Kim-Beal, Director of Alumni Relations* & Events
- Mantra Robinson, Director of Advancement*
* Alumni Council Executive Committee
In the 2015-2016 school year, the Council drafted a 5-Year Strategic Plan that you can review here.
We invite you to get involved with the Head-Royce School Alumni Council.
By getting involved with the Alumni Council, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of the Head-Royce Alumni Community. You will:
- Have the opportunity to connect with other Head-Royce Alumni
- Receive the most up-to-date information about the School.
- Engage with current students
- Interact with faculty
- Advise and help steer the work of the Alumni Programming and Events
You can get involved with the Alumni Council as an elected termed member of the Alumni Council or working on one of the Council’s many committees.
Alumni Council members serve three school-year terms (July 1 - June 30), supporting the school in many ways:
- Voice your views as an opinion leader for the Alumni Community. Help shape alumni initiatives and realize goals set by the Council and Alumni Relations Office. Provide feedback on communications, events and fundraising.
- Support Alumni events and activities through participation, planning and promotion.
- Create opportunities to engage in education, communication, and service with current students in the spirit of the School’s mission and tradition.
- Encourage Alumni to give to the Annual Fund or other fundraising initiatives such as Heads Up, the auction, endowment campaign, capital campaign and special programs.
- Promote communication between Alumni and the School by sharing address updates, contact information and Alumni news with the Alumni Relations Office. Help to locate alumni with whom the School has lost contact.
Alumni are also welcome to participate on one of the Council’s many committees without being a full-time Council member. The standing committees are:
Class Agent & Development Committee - Working to identify and outreach to members of each class who will serve as their class agent for purposes of updating contact information, collecting alumni notes, distributing special event or fundraising communications. This committee will also support alumni fundraising initiatives by participating in strategy development and outreach. Chair: Heather Erickson '95
Young Alumni Committee - This committee will look to strategically and tactically identify ways to engage young alumni in the areas of: fundraising, events, and programming. Chair: Travis Pillon '13
Mentoring Committee - Working to identify and outreach to members of the professional alumni community to speak/mentor to students and young alumni and promote alumni networking and mentoring opportunities. Assist the Alumni Office in researching online engagement platforms to scale the program. Chair: Danny Stein '04
For more information or if interested in getting involved with the Alumni Council, please contact Julie Kim-Beal, Director of Alumni Relations and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 228-1591.