The mission of the Head Royce School Alumni Council is to encourage and foster active, life-long engagement amongst alumni in the Head-Royce School community. The council serves the school and alumni in advancing the Head-Royce School mission of continued learning, diversity and citizenship.
The Council is currently comprised of 15 Alumni members:
- Jonathan Barnes '99
- Daisy Brambila '13
- Harris Brody '98
- Ariane Chee '08
- Ryan Diew '13
- Heather Erickson ‘95
- Tracy Hankins Harris '81
- Sarah Herringer '04
- Alejandro Lara '13
- Camden Louie ‘08, President and Trustee
- Carolyn McNiven '82
- Travis Pillon '13
- Michelle Tajirian Shoffner '96
- Laura Terry-Green '06
- Danny Stein '04
- Julie Kim-Beal, Director of Alumni Relations and Events
- Johnny Avots-Smith, Director of Advancement
In 2021, the Council drafted a 3-Year Strategic Plan that you can review here.
We invite you to get involved with the Head-Royce School Alumni Council.
By getting involved with the Alumni Council, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of the Head-Royce Alumni Community. You will:
- Have the opportunity to connect with other Head-Royce Alumni
- Receive the most up-to-date information about the School.
- Engage with current students
- Interact with faculty
- Advise and help steer the work of the Alumni Programming and Events
You can get involved with the Alumni Council as an elected termed member of the Alumni Council or working on one of the Council’s many initiatives.
Alumni Council members serve three school-year terms (July 1 - June 30), supporting the school in many ways:
- Voice your views as an opinion leader for the Alumni Community. Help shape alumni initiatives and realize goals set by the Council and Alumni Relations Office. Provide feedback on communications, events and fundraising.
- Support Alumni events and activities through participation, planning and promotion.
- Create opportunities to engage in education, communication, and service with current students in the spirit of the School’s mission and tradition.
- Encourage Alumni to give to the Annual Fund or other fundraising initiatives such as Heads Up, the auction, endowment campaign, capital campaign and special programs.
- Promote communication between Alumni and the School by sharing address updates, contact information and Alumni news with the Alumni Relations Office. Help to locate alumni with whom the School has lost contact.