Head-Royce continues its strong commitment to socioeconomic diversity through its financial assistance programs. Like most independent schools, Head-Royce offers need-based financial aid grants – the difference between the family's resources and the cost of a student's educational expenses.
For the 2016–2017 school year, the School granted nearly $5 million to 225 students in Grades K-12. In addition, the Board of Trustees annually budgets additional money to support high school students in a work-study program. This year, $15,000 is designated to support the work-study program.
Head-Royce and many other independent schools use the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) from the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) to do a standardized calculation to determine need.
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) maintains the website for School and Student Services (SSS) with extensive resources of information including case studies, scholarship providers, financial aid tips, and frequently asked questions. Please click here to learn more about financial aid in independent schools.
Complete Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
- Complete the PFS, available at School and Student Services (SSS) beginning October 2, 2018
- From the SSS Dashboard, Pay and Submit the PFS to Head Royce by January 18, 2019
- The Head-Royce SSS code is 3790. There is $51 fee.
Separated or divorced parents should each submit their own PFS. The financial aid process is entirely confidential.
Submit supporting documentation
By February 6, 2019, upload the following documents to SSS:
- Form 1040: 2018 and 2017, signed, including all schedules.
- Form W2: 2018 and 2017
- Form 4506-T: Complete items 1-4, sign, do not date or send fee
- Other Forms: If you are a shareholder in an S-Corporation or a partner in a Partnership (listed on Schedule E of your 1040), upload the corresponding Schedule K-1, 1120S and/or Form 1065.
We will communicate financial aid decisions to returning students in late February and to new students in mid-March with their admission decision.
To check receipt and status of your supporting documentation, or if you have any questions or need help completing the PFS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SSS helpline at 1-800-344-8328.
Schedule of Tuition for the 2018–2019 Year
The Head-Royce Financial Aid Office is available to help. Call us with your questions at (510) 531-1300 x2509.