We strive to be an intentionally diverse community, where all are not only welcomed, but also belong.
Our tuition model is an expression of our values and is intended to make the Head-Royce experience accessible to learners of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
In determining tuition, we carefully consider the financial circumstances of each family. We recognize that no matter your income range, the cost of a Head-Royce education is a significant financial investment. Your contribution to tuition enables us to offer an unparalleled experience with all of the qualities that make Head-Royce an exceptional place for students to grow—the best and brightest educators, inspiring teaching spaces, and meaningful learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
The tool below may be used to estimate family tuition.
Please Note: Many financial factors contribute to the determination of your family's tuition contribution. The figures below are designed to provide a general guideline. To discuss your specific situation, please contact the Head-Royce Admissions and Financial Aid Office.
In order to apply for reduced tuition, families should follow the financial aid application steps below.
Complete Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
- Complete the PFS, available at School and Student Services (SSS) beginning October 2, 2018
- From the SSS Dashboard, Pay and Submit the PFS to Head Royce by January 18, 2019
- The Head-Royce SSS code is 3790. There is $51 fee.
Separated or divorced parents should each submit their own PFS. The financial aid process is entirely confidential.
Submit supporting documentation
By February 6, 2019, upload the following documents to SSS:
- Form 1040: 2018 and 2017, signed, including all schedules.
- Form W2: 2018 and 2017
- Form 4506-T: Complete items 1-4, sign, do not date or send fee
- Other Forms: If you are a shareholder in an S-Corporation or a partner in a Partnership (listed on Schedule E of your 1040), upload the corresponding Schedule K-1, 1120S and/or Form 1065.
We will communicate financial aid decisions to returning students in late February and to new students in mid-March with their admission decision.
To check receipt and status of your supporting documentation, or if you have any questions or need help completing the PFS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SSS helpline at 1-800-344-8328.
The Head-Royce Financial Aid Office is available to help. Call us with your questions at (510) 531-1300 x2509.
What does tuition cover?
Tuition and fees cover all costs except textbooks, supplies, class trips, food, individual lessons, after-school care, and electives.