College Counseling Office
Highly-personalized College Counseling is the capstone of the Head-Royce student’s journey.
CCO Speaker Series
The CCO team and special guest speakers answer families' questions about course selection, standardized testing, and other important college application topics.
Upcoming CCO Events
Preparing students to thrive in college and beyond...
The College Counseling team works closely with students and families, getting to know them as unique individuals, with the goal of seeing each student matriculate to a school at which they can thrive based on their specific abilities, personalities, needs, and aspirations.
Reference information and useful links to help in the college search.
Read about our academic program and graduating class statistics.
See where our graduates have matriculated over the past five years.
The main goals of our comprehensive College Counseling program are to:
- support students in the introspective process of identifying their academic and personal interests, strengths, and goals
- help students hone in on the right match amidst nearly 4,000 colleges and universities in the U.S. and around the world
- assist students in submitting applications that represent their very best work, including building a strong resumé, developing interview skills and crafting a compelling personal statement
- teach life skills that will allow students to succeed in college and beyond, including managing a complex process
- enter college feeling confident and with a deeper understanding of themselves and whom they hope to become
Our overarching priority is to encourage students to invest fully in the Upper School.
We know that the most successful college students are those who spend high school fully engaged in their academic work and involved in their communities.
College Application Timeline: What to Expect