Big 10 Driving Rules
We designed our Big 10 Driving Rules to ensure the safety of all community members and to keep the School in compliance with the City of Oakland's requirements. Please review the driving rules in our Transportation Policy Guide (TPG). Drivers are advised to keep speeds slow (15–20 mph) on side streets, and should yield to walkers and bikers at all times. If you need to reverse direction on Lincoln Avenue, please keep in mind that the use of private driveways is strictly forbidden. U-turns and y-turns are also forbidden. Please note: our driving rules remain in effect 24/7––not just during drop-off and pick-up times. Staff will be stationed along Lincoln Avenue and nearby cross streets to monitor driving and parking behavior.
Thank you for helping to keep our neighborhood safe!
Student and Visitor Parking
Student drivers need to park either in the Greek Church parking structure (4700 Lincoln Ave) or on Lincoln Avenue above the Gatehouse (on the south side only, avoiding the carpool lane on the School-side of Lincoln Avenue).
Visitors may also park in the Greek Church parking garage (4700 Lincoln Ave) or in available spots on Lincoln Avenue above the Gatehouse. Please be sure to double-check all of the City's parking signs.
Please remember that you are a visitor in a residential neighborhood, so be courteous at all times to our neighbors and follow these guidelines:
- Please do not block driveways, or use them to turn-around, do not make U-turns on Lincoln Avenue, Alida Street, or Alida Court.
- Do not park at the rear of the Campus, on Whittle or Funston Avenues.
- To avoid being cited, do not park in bus zones, and note street cleaning signs.
- Please respect our neighbors by following the Big 10 Driving Rules.
If you are here for an approved on-campus event, please remember:
1. Do not park in spots marked reserved at any time.
2. Do not park on Lincoln below the Gatehouse for any amount of time. Only parents who walk their children into or out from School may park below the Gatehouse. You may not park there and wait for your child during dismissal.
3. After 5 p.m., visitors may park in available spaces in Lots A–D.
Accessible parking is available on our campus. To reserve a spot, please contact Roz Fleury in the Business Office, prior to your visit.