Apply today to be a part of dynamic diverse professional community.
Our professional community is a diverse and intelligent group of educators who share a passion for teaching and learning. Everyone here believes in the mission of Head-Royce School and works daily to inspire the next generation to lead lives of purpose and meaning. We’re looking for people who share our joy for learning, who are naturally curious, and who are passionate about the transformative power of education.
Life at Head-Royce
From book groups and happy hours to weekly yoga and boot camp classes, faculty members engage with each other inside and outside of the classroom. We have more than 175 faculty, staff, and administrators across the School’s three divisions. Professional Community members contribute to the life of the School in areas aligned with their areas of personal passion, including cultural associations, sustainability, arts, and athletics.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package — including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a generous retirement program — as well as extensive resources for professional development. We are a community of learners and strongly support Professional Community members who want to explore new techniques, deepen their knowledge, or collaborate with peers on interdisciplinary programs. That’s why we commit significant resources to funding conferences, advanced education, and other unique professional opportunities. More than 20 endowed funds support teaching excellence and academic innovation.
Employee Housing Benefit – General Guidelines
- School housing is available to employees and their families only.
- Purpose of the program is to provide short term housing (generally 2 years or less), with expectation that employees will find a long term solution during that time period so that the property will then be available for other employees to use.
- The housing is tied to employee’s compensation in that, should the value received exceed the actual amount paid by the employee, the school may be required under IRS regulations to report the difference as taxable income to the employee.
- Tenants are responsible for all utilities in addition to the basic monthly rental payment. Automatic deduction from your semi-monthly paycheck is strongly encouraged.
- Selection process is by lottery, with participants invited to attend the drawing. Employees who are in the process of relocating to the area and are in need of housing are given first preference.
- The tenants are required to act as ambassadors in our neighbor community. Tenants are asked to try to attend large neighborhood-wide meetings that the School holds from time to time. They should attend School athletic and cultural events on a regular basis and to be a positive neighbor in everyday activities -- driving slowly, managing noise, keeping the property neat, and not allowing others to use the property for parking.
Interested? Send email to Roz Fleury providing your contact information (name, email address, work phone number, mobile phone number) and move-in time frame (for example, any time between May 1- June 30). Other information required: # persons in household and pets (if any).
School properties with current availability:
4282 Whittle Avenue – 3 bedroom, 2 full baths, 1700 square feet, $3,700/month, including utilities
Head-Royce School is committed to recruiting, retaining and developing outstanding teachers and leaders who will contribute to the stewardship and advancement of the school and its mission. Head-Royce School faculty and administrators establish strong, caring, ethical relationships with students, colleagues, and parents, exhibit curiosity and passion in their profession, actively seek out professional growth and leadership, work collaboratively with peers, and embrace and lead the thoughtful innovation that continually advances our program.
Click HERE* for all openings.
*You are being directed to Paycom to apply for this position. Paycom is a third-party vendor who manages our candidate process and payroll. You will be asked to set up an account. This is the first step in applying. Thank you.
Head-Royce School complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process, are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation.
Head-Royce is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions including but not limited to, employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence and termination, based-on qualifications and without regard to protected status. We want to have the best available person in every role, and reflect our commitment to respect and diversity. We will not discriminate based on age, color, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, national origin or ancestry, race, religion, registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, a medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Head-Royce School seeks to be a community in which every individual is treated with sensitivity, courtesy, and respect.