Our professional community is a diverse and intelligent group of educators who share a passion for teaching and learning. Everyone here believes in the mission of Head-Royce School and works daily to inspire the next generation to lead lives of purpose and meaning. We’re looking for people who share our joy for learning, who are naturally curious, and who are passionate about the transformative power of education.
Life at Head-Royce
From book groups and happy hours to weekly yoga and boot camp classes, faculty members engage with each other inside and outside of the classroom. We have more than 175 faculty, staff, and administrators across the School’s three divisions. Professional Community members contribute to the life of the School in areas aligned with their areas of personal passion, including cultural associations, sustainability, arts, and athletics.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package — including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a generous retirement program — as well as extensive resources for professional development. We are a community of learners and strongly support Professional Community members who want to explore new techniques, deepen their knowledge, or collaborate with peers on interdisciplinary programs. That’s why we commit significant resources to funding conferences, advanced education, and other unique professional opportunities. More than 20 endowed funds support teaching excellence and academic innovation.
Employee Housing Benefit – General Guidelines
- Limited school-owned housing is available to HRS employees and their families.
- Purpose of the program is to provide short term housing with the expectation that employees will find a long term solution within a reasonable time period so that the property will then be available for other employees to use. The normal maximum stay is 2 years, although extensions may be granted when the property is not in demand by other employees.
- The housing is tied to employee’s compensation in that, should the value received exceed the actual amount paid by the employee, the school may be required under IRS regulations to report the difference as taxable income to the employee.
- Tenants are responsible for all utilities in addition to the basic monthly rental payment. Automatic deduction from your semi-monthly paycheck is strongly encouraged.
- Selection process is by lottery, with participants invited to attend the drawing. Employees who are in the process of relocating to the area and are in need of housing are given first preference.
- Tenants are expected to be a positive presence in the neighborhood and to reflect the School's mission and values in their interactions with neighbors.
- Contact Roz Fleury with any questions, or to inquire about current openings.
Head-Royce School is committed to recruiting, retaining and developing outstanding teachers and leaders who will contribute to the stewardship and advancement of the school and its mission. Head-Royce School faculty and administrators establish strong, caring, ethical relationships with students, colleagues, and parents, exhibit curiosity and passion in their profession, actively seek out professional growth and leadership, work collaboratively with peers, and embrace and lead the thoughtful innovation that continually advances our program.
Click HERE* for all openings.
*You are being directed to Paycom to apply for this position. Paycom is a third-party vendor who manages our candidate process and payroll. You will be asked to set up an account. This is the first step in applying. Thank you.
Head-Royce School complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process, are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation.
Head-Royce School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions including but not limited to employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence and termination based on qualifications and without regard to protected status. We will not discriminate based on age, caste, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, national origin or ancestry, race (including include traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, a medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, reproductive health decision making or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.