Anti-Racism Statement and Actions
Head-Royce School stands against racism and hatred in all its forms. Our entire community reflects diversity in cultural, racial, religious, and gender identities and we are stronger because of it. Our School's mission is built on the pillars of diversity, citizenship, and academics; our commitment to these principles demands that we raise our voices in pursuit of justice. We acknowledge the significant, ongoing pain and violence inflicted upon our Black community, and pledge to embody our mission by taking tangible actions to dismantle systemic racism and oppression.
Please see our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan (published July 28, 2020):
Click the image above to view the plan in full-screen mode.
- We are curious if the Board was aware of any of these racist incidents (as reported on blackathrs) before they were posted publicly?
- Who are the DEI experts that you are referring to for the Diversity & Inclusion efforts outside of Johára?
- Are you going to investigate the incidents listed on @blackathrs?
- What are the progress indicators you will be looking at?
- What controls are in place to ensure that a well-intentioned effort doesn’t result in an atmosphere of fear and paranoia? That Head-Royce won’t allow the worst elements of “cancel culture” to become a daily part of our kids’ and teachers’ lives?
FAQs updated August 5, 2020