Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
During this interactive session, participants will explore impostor syndrome in the classroom and culturally relevant teaching practices. As Dr. Simmons says, "Every child deserves an education that guarantees the safety to learn in the comfort of one's own skin."
Join the webinar here, password: 9eBAbd
Ask Dr. Simmons a question via this form.
Please note this webinar will not be recorded, so do your best to attend!
Head-Royce School stands against racism and hatred in all its forms. Our entire community reflects diversity in cultural, racial, religious, and gender identities and we are stronger because of it. Our School's mission is built on the pillars of diversity, citizenship, and academics; our commitment to these principles demands that we raise our voices in pursuit of justice. We acknowledge the significant, ongoing pain and violence inflicted upon our Black community, and pledge to embody our mission by taking tangible actions to dismantle systemic racism and oppression.
Please see our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan, which outlines our current priorities (published on July 28, 2020):
(Click on the cover image to view the document in full screen mode.)
- Who are the DEI experts that you are referring to for the Diversity & Inclusion efforts outside of Johára?
- We are curious if the Board was aware of any of these racist incidents (as reported on blackathrs) before they were posted publicly?
- Are you going to investigate the incidents listed on @blackathrs?
- What are the progress indicators you will be looking at?
- What controls are in place to ensure that a well-intentioned effort doesn’t result in an atmosphere of fear and paranoia? That Head-Royce won’t allow the worst elements of “cancel culture” to become a daily part of our kids’ and teachers’ lives?
FAQs updated August 5, 2020.