Academic Advising & Scheduling for New Families
Welcome! Our primary goal in course selection is to find the very best academic and co-curricular path for each student. Above all, we hope to encourage a passion for learning — and we believe this is best accomplished through thoughtful and appropriate choices at each step along the way.
- Scheduling Questions / Change Request Google Form to ask Dr. Brakeman a question or provide additional information for complicated requests.
- Senior Electives Information for Science, English or History
- Academic Planning Form
- 2017-2018 Upper School Curriculum Summary
- Online Course Catalog
- Graduation Requirements
- Time Management Form
- Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 9
- Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 10
- Schedule Visualizer Rising Grade 11
- US Rotating Block Schedule
- Computer Science Overview
- GOA offerings 2017-2018 PE Options - Coming Soon
- Online Course Request Process & Screenshots
- Prezi Scheduling Overview
Students must take:
- At least five core courses each year
- One advanced fine arts course before you graduate
- One fine arts course in your first two years
- All freshman must take two beginning electives or at least one advanced elective
AP course rule of thumb: Take two to three AP courses and no more than two in 11th grade and three in 12th grade.
Please get familiar with the Prezi with the scheduling overview for rising 10-12.
Global Online Academy
- Course information (make sure to choose 2017-18 courses!)
- Registration: Sign up for 900-GOA (electives) on the main course registration form as one of your electives.