Welcome to Your Parents Association 2012-2013
WELCOME NEW FAMILIES:
On behalf of the Parents Association and all the families at Head-Royce, we welcome all new families joining our school community.
All parents and guardians at Head-Royce are members of the Parents Association. The Parents Association supports Head-Royce in a number of key ways, including:
- Volunteer Recruitment and Support
- Community Building
- Fundraising for the school
- Parent Education
Here are some things to look for this summer and in the fall:
- Summer Welcome Events- the PA coordinates events for incoming families at the kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade entry points. Look for emails from your grade level coordinators or contact one of us for more information.
- Back to School Night Dinners - the PA hosts dinners for all parents/guardians on the evenings of BTSN.
- Share the Care - organizes assistance for Head-Royce families in crisis.
If you have a family crisis and need support from Head-Royce families, please let us know.
- Parent Education Nights - We are planning an event for November. Check back here in a few weeks for details.
- Head-Royce Spirit Wear - The PA manages the sale of Head-Royce Spirit Wear at school events. Look for Jayhawk Store tables at the fall Heads Up Walkathon Picnic, at Team Tuffy Days and other school events.
Enhancing Communication Between Parents
Upper (US), Middle (MS) and Lower (LS) Liaisons, Room Parent Coordinators and Room Parents work with respective faculty members to organize classroom volunteers and keep parents updated regarding school information and events. Please be sure to check your child’s division Head Bulletin regularly. These are posted on the division webpages, under the heading “Academic.”
Raising Funds to Support our School
Each year, purchases through the eScrip program and Amazon.com raise money for special projects at HRS. In 2010, the funds raised were enough to replace the obsolete Middle School lockers.
The PA will be creating and hosting an Auction event in the spring of 2014. Check this page during the fall for more details.
Volunteer Recruitment and Coordination
Whether you are a new or returning parent, we encourage you to participate actively. It's rewarding, fun and a great way to connect with other HRS families and faculty!
Email PA Vice President Lucy Arney to discuss your interests.
Diane Bessette Erica Bachman
Parents Association President Parents Association President
Mission of the Parents Association