Safety and Respect in Our Neighborhood
The Big 10 Driving Rules
Head-Royce has promised its neighbors, as a condition of being allowed to operate in this location, that its employees, parents and students will respect the neighborhood they are visiting. Violating these rules places the school in a very difficult position with its neighbors. If a parent violates these rules just one time in four years, our neighbors will see us fail our neighborhood agreement every single day.
As our campus has grown and changed, so have the traffic rules. Please review the rules below:
1. Respect & obey the Traffic Monitors. They work hard to keep your children safe and the school operating well in a residential neighborhood.
2. For efficient traffic flow and the school’s obligation to see each child safely collected, children may not walk down Lincoln for a pickup anywhere below campus. You may park legally and walk to the school from below campus.
3. Do not make U-turns anywhere on Lincoln, Alida, Linnet, Burlington or Laguna. This includes 3-point turns or any other change of direction.
4. Do not drive into Alida Court or Linnet Ave or other non-through streets near the school.
5. Do not use Whittle Avenue for any drop-off or pick-up.
6. Never enter or block any driveway to turn around, to park or to wait.
7. Do not double park, whether you are sitting in your car or not.
8. Do not allow your car to protrude into traffic as this is extremely dangerous and will impact many people as traffic backs up behind you.*
9. Double-check when parking legally to ensure you are not blocking a driveway.
10. Obey all traffic laws.
* No place to go without your car sticking out?
• Slow down to allow time for cars to move forward.
• Consider dropping off 5-10 minutes earlier – before-school care is free and a good opportunity for friends to connect.
• In the afternoon, arrive at 3:35-3:40 (after the buses) for a faster pickup.
For Athletic Events that take place on the Field, the Tennis Courts, in the Gym or in the Swimming Pool: it is suggested that visitors and fans, park in the HRS Parking Lot if arriving after 4pm. Game Officials should try to park in the parking lot first, then look for street parking, then walk to the proper venue. Click here for detailed parking instructions.
Be sure not to block in other cars that are parked in the tandem parking spaces in the Parking Lot.
Teams traveling by bus need to be dropped off on Lincoln Avenue.
Team buses are not allowed into the HRS Parking Lot.
Click HERE for link to Driving Directions to HRS.