2013 Institute for 21st Century Educators
Technology as a Foundation for Authentic Learning
Tuesday, June 11th - Thursday, June 13th - 9:00 am- 3:30 pm
Cost: $599 Students $499 - Lunch Included.
Bring a Friend! 3 or more registrants from one institution will receive $100 per registrant.
Register Now!! Online Registration
Interested in using technology in the classroom, but unsure how to implement it? Cautious about how to balance opportunities with the potential for distraction?
You're not alone. Join technology and education guru Ewan McIntosh and tech-savvy Head-Royce faculty for a summer institute focused on effectively integrating technology into the classroom. Ewan will talk about how intelligent use of technologies can lead to engaged, student-centered learning. In this hands-on workshop, you'll hear from experienced educators about projects and curricular units that promote authentic learning.
Specifically, you will learn:
- What kind of technology can benefit our classrooms.
- The types of projects that technology can enhance.
Participants will then:
- Select one specific focus area for deep study, guided by experienced instructors: Blended Learning, iPads in the classroom, iPads in the 6-12 Classroom or Developing Creative Assessments.
- Attend daily conference-wide presentations to learn about the broader issues that inform thoughtful, well-designed use of technology in the classroom.
- Participate in breakout sessions to design and develop a curricular unit or final summative assessment.
- Learn a range of tech tools to enrich student engagement and empower students to dig more deeply into their own learning.
9 - 11 am Keynote Speaker--Ewan McIntosh.
11 - 12 pm First Working Group Session: Begin Planning Projects.
12 - 1 pm Lunch.
1 - 2 pm Keynote Session 2--Ewan McIntosh.
2 - 4 pm Working Groups Meet: Continue Planning Projects; includes drop in
time for each group with Ewan -- 30 minutes per group.Wednesday
9 - 10:30 am Tech Tools Workshops. Participants choose one workshop from
among: Google tools, Screencasting, iMovie, Podcasting, Prezi, or
10:30 - 12 pm Working Groups Meet: project work time, instructor coaching
12 - 1 pm Lunch.
1 - 3:30 pm Working Groups Meet: continue project work time.
2 - 3:30 pm Optional tech tool workshop #2. Choose from same topics as Tech
Tools Session 1.Thursday
9 - 10:30 am Tech Tools Workshops.
10:30 - 12 pm Project Work Time.
12 - 1 pm Working lunch.
1-2 pm Final Project Work Session.
2 - 3:30 pm Project Presentations.
For questions about the institute email firstname.lastname@example.org.