Head-Royce continues its strong commitment to socioeconomic diversity through its financial assistance programs. Like most independent schools, Head-Royce offers need-based financial aid grants – the difference between the family's resources and the cost of a student's educational expenses.
For the 2016–2017 school year, the School granted nearly $5 million to 225 students in Grades K-12. In addition, the Board of Trustees annually budgets additional money to support high school students in a work-study program. This year, $15,000 is designated to support the work-study program.
Head-Royce and many other independent schools use the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) from the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) to do a standardized calculation to determine need.
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) maintains the website for School and Student Services (SSS) with extensive resources of information including case studies, scholarship providers, financial aid tips, and frequently asked questions. Please click here to learn more about financial aid in independent schools.
Complete Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
Please note: In case of divorce or separation, both parents are required to complete the following steps in their entirety.
Visit SSS by NAIS website to submit the PFS online. The application for the 2017–2018 school year is available after October 24. The application will prompt you to enter the Head-Royce SSS code 3790. Keep a copy of the PFS for your records.
- Returning families must submit PFS by December 12, 2016.
- New Families must submit PFS by January 12, 2017.
Submit supporting documentation
- Signed copies of 2016 and 2015 IRS 1040 forms including all schedules.
- Copies of 2016 and 2015 W2 forms.
- If you are a shareholder in an S-Corporation or a partner in a Partnership (listed on Schedule E of your 1040), please submit the corresponding Schedule K-1, as well as the 1120S and/or Form 1065.
- Form 4506-T (Complete items 1-5, sign, and do not date or send fee.)
- Supporting documentation must be submitted to SSS by February 13, 2017.
To ensure financial aid consideration, please be sure to meet all deadlines. We will communicate financial aid decisions to returning students in late February and to new students in mid-March with their admission decision.
To check receipt and status of your supporting documentation, or if you have any questions, please email SSS by NAIS or call the SSS helpline at 1-800-344-8328.
Schedule of Tuition for the 2016-2017 Year
The Head-Royce Financial Aid Office is available to help. Call us with your questions at (510) 531-1300 x2509.